[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18827] Re: Ehrenfest dynamics: Glycine

Matt Watkins mattwatkinsuk at gmail.com
Mon May 22 13:56:19 UTC 2023

Hi Victor,
from your setup the main things are:

   - the cutoff is too small - should be set like a standard DFT
   calculation - something around 400 Ry and the REL_CUTOFF to 60 Ry or
   similar.
   - the timestep is very aggressive. If you plot your energy as function
   of time I think you will see the conserved quantity drift badly at some
   point in your simulation and then it explodes. Try something like
   - stepsize [au_t] 0.1

Matt