[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18795] Re: A error in the process of restarting meta-dynamic

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Wed May 10 12:10:43 UTC 2023

Hi

I have to insist in remarking that changing the collective variable space
along a run is conceptually wrong
Even if it were possible to run, whatever you get is not a reliable result.
The metdynamic potential contributions (the hills) have the dimension of
the collective variable space, you cannot change abruptly this dimension.
Also changing the definition of one collective variable along one
simulation is wrong.

This said, it is expected that the simulation cannot run, because the
restarting procedure works by reading all the  past information on the
spawned hills. If N CV are defined it expects to find these information in
N dimensions within the restart file, and obviously these are not
available.

Regards
Marcella