[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18570] Re: Request for assistance with MD simulation

captain mus captainmozak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:12:54 UTC 2023

Hi Xiao Peng

If you asking about the update (eg, md output, vel, pos, or restart) then
you have to take care about the PRINT section. From what I'm seeing in your
input, you set print for MD EACH but then you put 0 as the value something
like this
&VELOCITIES
      &EACH
        MD     0 #Output frequency of velocities, 0 means never
      &END EACH
    &END VELOCITIES

I mean if you don't want to print the velocities then just disable it
(e.g., with ! of #), but if you want to print it lets say each MD step then
you just set something like this

&VELOCITIES ON
    FILENAME = velocity.xyz
    &EACH
    &END EACH
  &END VELOCITIES

This also the same with the trajectory,, forces or restart, you can find
the details here  https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/PRINT.html

one more thing, in you script file, please set the execution with -o
out.out (or what ever output file you want to name) so you can check the
properties of your system related to the calculation in that out.out file.
I hope this help

Best
MuS