[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18568] Re: PDOS for different elements

Gianluca Rengo giarengo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:16:51 UTC 2023

Dear Huan,
To get a PDOS file for each single atom, I typically include as many &LDOS
sections as the atoms for which I want the DOS.
If you include the COMPONENTS keyword you will get also get  the DOS
projected on the different m numbers for each orbital.
Here's an example for atoms from 1 to 3:

&PDOS
        NLUMO -1
        &LDOS
          COMPONENTS
          LIST 1
        &END LDOS
        &LDOS
          COMPONENTS
          LIST 2
        &END LDOS
        &LDOS
          COMPONENTS
          LIST 3
        &END LDOS
        &LDOS
[.....]
&END PDOS

If you use LIST 1..36 as you proposed, you should get a file with the sum
of the PDOS of atoms from 1 to 36. So you loose the information about
single atoms.
I hope it helps.

Regards,
Gianluca