[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18567] Re: Problem with meta-dynamic simulation

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:12:44 UTC 2023

Dear ...

These are quite general questions about metadynamics, not specifically
related to cp2k.
My first suggestion is that you refer to reviews, tutorials, books about
the method in general, before starting using it.

1 and 2 are strongly system dependent and the usual advise is to learn the
behaviour of the system by running molecular dynamics and monitoring the
fluctuations of the variables of interest.
Number 3 is wrongly posed. Once convergence is reached, the relative
differences in free energies should not change anymore.

Regards
Marcella