[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18549] Re: Cutoff convergence for SCAN functional

Rajorshi Chattopadhyay rajorshichat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 11:27:45 UTC 2023

Hello Fabian,

I thank you for your reply.

When I do cutoff convergence test with r2SCAN, I get the following energy
values till 1500Ry (REL_CUTOFF:60):

Cutoff

Rel cutoff

Energy

Charge

600

60

-1125.17821812053535

-0.0000000141

700

60

-1125.17827283731867

-0.0000000147

800

60

-1125.17815235733997

-0.0000000121

900

60

-1125.17818711771633

-0.0000000128

1000

60

-1125.17816274805796

-0.0000000131

1100

60

-1125.17813293059771

-0.0000000132

1200

60

-1125.17820271100982

-0.0000000140

1300

60

-1125.17820271126402

-0.0000000141

1400

60

-1125.17817412922477

-0.0000000128

1500

60

-1125.17817458499053

-0.0000000139

I find that the convergence is only till 10**-3 Ha.

--

​