[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18977] A problem while using the M06/TZVP

lewis Jiang jqian0402 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 09:32:37 UTC 2023

Hello,

I need to use cp2k to calculate the cell parameters and vibration frequency
of UIO-66 with m06 functional and tzvp basis set.(I want to use the
def2-tzvp but there is no such basis sets for zirconium in cp2k)

However, I found that the calculated results of m06/tzvp differed greatly
from the experimental values: CP2K output is 22.27 Å but experimental
values is 20.70 Å.

I also try the calculation with just PBE/tzvp, and all the other sets
remain unchanged. In this work, my result is more consistent with the
experimental values(20.78 Å).

So, there are three results:

M06/TZVP 22.27 Å

PBE/TZVP 20.78 Å

Experimental values 20.70 Å

In order to identify whether the problem is the m06 or my settings, I use
Gaussian16 to calculate the structure of Zr6O4(OH)4 cluster(the node of
UiO-66) with M06/Def2tzvp. In this calculation, the structure
information(bond length, bong angle and dihedral angle) are similar to the
result form the PBE, but they are also quite different from the M06/TZVP
result of cp2k.

Is this the problem with cp2k, or just because of my wrong using?

I have updated my uio-66.cif and input file. The input file may be used to
process different jobs, so there are some parameters that are not necessary
in this calculation.

Any comment can be of help.

Regards,

Jiang