[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18928] RI_MP2 memory

Augustin Bussy augustin.bussy at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Jun 15 08:33:17 UTC 2023

Hi Niamh,

it is hard to know where things go wrong without your output file. Is it during the SCF or MP2? Generally, I see that you are using a RI_METRIC of type identity. This does not bring much for RI_MP2. The use of a RI metric helps to create sparsity, which is only really exploited in low-scaling algorithms.

You can try setting the keyword WF_CORRELATION%CONONICAL_GRADIENTS%FREE_HFX_BUFFER to FASLE. In the past, this was known to create crashes with MP2 gradients. Depending on the CP2K version you are using, this keyword might be in a different input section.

Best,
Augustin