[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19144] Crash in combining D3_EXCLUDE_KIND and .xyz reading

'Niccolò Bancone' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Wed Jul 26 12:57:35 UTC 2023

Dear Jürg,

Thank you for your answer.
I generate the cif files with VESTA 3.5.7, I don't know if it can help.

I have performed a couple of other tests on a system with 230 atoms in the
unit cell.
With the cif format, the D3_EXCLUDE_KIND works with any number between 1
and 230, that is, with any number equal or smaller than the total number of
atoms. When I write a number equal or higher than 231 I get the
segmentation fault error.

With the xyz format, the D3_EXCLUDE_KIND works with any number between 1
and 6, that is, equal or smaller than the number of atomic kinds I specify
in the input I sent two days ago. If the number is 7 or higher, I get again
the segmentation fault.

So actually it seems right as you wrote, that is, when reading my cif file
I get a number of atomic kinds equal to the number of atoms.

I have been looking for a print option of the Grimme's parameters of each
atom to check this hypothesis but I was not able to find it. Is there one?

Thank you again.
Regards,
Niccolò