[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18280] Re: Meaning of SHADOW_GAMMA

Amit Gupta amit.welcomes.u at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 23:02:18 UTC 2023

Added note:
I just saw another conversation which is similar:
https://groups.google.com/g/cp2k/c/EMxxtX0sFK4
I missed it initially as it is too new, and does not come up on google.

It is stated that correct Gamma would result in stable energy partition.
For determining the parameters, I was simulating the metal system at 1000K
as a simple LJ liquid.
I observed in output file that K.E. is stable, however P.E. was drifting in
the time scale that I simulated it for (512 atoms, 2 ns), which might be
due to melting lattice. Is that ok?