[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18273] How to resolve the error: WARNING in hfx_types.F:1968 : WARNING in hfx_energy_potential.F:592 ::

Qi LIU qqppoqq at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 03:48:11 UTC 2023

Dear  Colleagues,

I ask you to kindly share your experience about the following question.
I want to use cp2k to optimize the structure of a Zn2SnO4 (331), so is it
enough to use PBE+DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH+DIAGONALIZATION+Bryden?should I add
smearing?  Should I add the PBE0-ADMM method, but when I use this method,
there will be an error shown as follow, what is the reason for this?
Thanks a lot for your help,

*** WARNING in hfx_types.F:1968 :: Periodic Hartree Fock calculation
 ***
*** requested with use of a truncated or shortrange potential. The cutoff
***
*** radius is larger than half the minimal cell dimension. This may
lead  ***
*** to unphysical total energies. Reduce the cutoff radius in order to
***
*** avoid possible problems.
***

*** WARNING in hfx_energy_potential.F:592 :: The Kohn Sham matrix is
not  ***
*** 100% occupied. This may result in incorrect Hartree-Fock results. Try
***
*** to decrease EPS_PGF_ORB and EPS_FILTER_MATRIX in the QS section.
For  ***
*** more information see FAQ: https://www.cp2k.org/faq:hfx_eps_warning
***