[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18426] Re: Unit of Wannier spread

Rajorshi Chattopadhyay rajorshichat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:12:08 UTC 2023

Hello Dr.Hutter,

I thank you for your reply.

I find the following lines in the cp2k localization output file -

LOCALIZATION| Computing localization properties for OCCUPIED ORBITALS. Spin:
1

    Spread Functional     sum_in -w_i ln(|z_in|^2)    sum_in w_i(1-|z_in|^2)

Spread Functional     sum_in -w_i ln(|z_in|^2)    sum_in w_i(1-|z_in|^2)

    Total Spread (Berry) :                   2.6523857219
2.4557091128

I think these definitions of spreads are the ones described in the PRB61-15
Berghold and Mundy paper (Eq 13 and 14). But a leading (1/(2*pi)**2) in the
equations is missing here. Do you know if this is the case ?  Please let me
know, if you know the cp2k module where these functionals are getting
calculated. I can have a look at the implementations myself.

Thank you in advance

--

​