[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19613] Time of Diagonalization/OT steps increases with simulation time

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Fri Dec 1 09:26:33 UTC 2023

Hi Benedikt

I guess that an increasing number of SCF iteration steps (until SCF convergence is reached) per MD step causes the increase in time per step. Your cell is quite small and the MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL keyword in the &CELL section has not its matching counterpart in the &TOPOLOGY section, and the CUTOFF and REL_CUTOFF values are most likely too small with 280 and 20 respectively. Without a full input and output file, it is difficult to give further hints.

HTH

Matthias