[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18648] BSSE calculation of charged system

'Miriam Jasmin Pougin' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Tue Apr 11 09:12:58 UTC 2023

Hello,
I want to run a BSSE calculation for two charged fragments:
fragment 1: a MOF with a net charge of -8 (multiplicity 1)
fragment 2: an ion with a charge of +1 (multiplicity 1)
If my understanding is correct, ghost atoms have zero nuclear charge and
only support a basis set. So I defined the following configurations
- fragment 1 real: charge -8
- fragment 2 real: charge +1
- fragment 1 real, fragment 2 ghost: charge -8
- fragment 1 ghost, fragment 2 real: charge +1
- fragment 1 real, fragment 2 real: charge -7
Which gives me the following error: 'Use the LSD option for an odd number
of electrons'
Can someone tell me what the problem is? Running a geometry optimisation
for this complex with a net charge of -7 and a multiplicity of 1 worked
fine. I also attach the code snippet for the BSSE section. Thank you in
advance

   &BSSE

      &CONFIGURATION

         CHARGE -8