[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18605] Re: Doubt regarding the geometry optimization for acetonitrile

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 07:22:48 UTC 2023

Dear Anupriya Nyayban,

The simulation box is far too small
Moreover, simulating a single molecule, you may want to use
PERIODIC NONE
both in
DFT
<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2023_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT.html>
 / POISSON
<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2023_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/POISSON.html>
as well as in
SUBSYS
<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2023_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS.html>
 / CELL
<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2023_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/CELL.html>
Anyway the simulation box should be much larger.

Regards
Marcella