[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17733] Re: Problems optimising a heme (Fe2+) group

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 07:39:20 UTC 2022

Dear Sara

Starting around step 50 the coordinates do not change anymore
Max. step size             =         0.0000000000
The gradient  above tolerance is only one. It is the x component of the
force on atom 47, a hydrogen.
It remains practically constant for many steps.
It seems that the optimisation algorithm is not in the conditions of
performing any CG step, and the SD gets stuck.
So since step 50 nothing changes in the structure.
I would try and change the optimiser to BFGS.

Kind regards
Marcella