[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17731] Re: Problems optimising a heme (Fe2+) group

Sara Llap sallaprat10 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:30:32 UTC 2022

Dear Ivan, Victor and Marcella,

Thank you so much for your help.

I have been reading the bibliography you suggested and using your inputs
and I almost optimised the heme group. I got to a point where the
optimisation does not seem to converge but it is really close.

--------  Informations at step =   114 ------------

  Optimization Method        =                   SD

  Total Energy               =      -517.5364879764

  Real energy change         =         0.0000000050

  Decrease in energy         =                   NO

  Used time                  =              460.425

  Convergence check :

  Max. step size             =         0.0000000000

  Conv. limit for step size  =         0.0010000000

  Convergence in step size   =                  YES

  RMS step size              =         0.0000000000

  Conv. limit for RMS step   =         0.0010000000

  Convergence in RMS step    =                  YES

  Max. gradient              =         0.0012644252

  Conv. limit for gradients  =         0.0010000000

  Conv. for gradients        =                   NO

  RMS gradient               =         0.0002927175

  Conv. limit for RMS grad.  =         0.0010000000

  Conv. in RMS gradients     =                  YES

I have been playing a bit with the parameters but I haven't managed to make
it work.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Sara