[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17587] Cholesky decomposition failed

Mohammad Izadi izadi0511 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 04:37:32 UTC 2022

Dear CP2K developers,

I am going to use *aug-TZV2P-GTH *basis set along with "PRECONDITIONER"
within the "OT" section and I have tested several keywords for "CHOLESKY",
"MINIMIZER" and "PRECONDITIONER". It seems that this basis set has some
issues with the preconditioning procedure and runs halt with the following
error. However, I can run my inputs without using preconditioning, but it
takes a very long time for convergence. I am using CP2K version 5.1. Input
and output files are attached. I would highly appreciate any
help/suggestion.

* ___ * * / \ * * [ABORT] * * \___/ CPASSERT failed * * | * * O/| * * /| |
* * / \ fm/cp_fm_cholesky.F:94 *