[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17586] Re: SGCPMD: number of steps per SCF run increase suddenly after initial 400 MD steps

Onofrio Tau onofriotau at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:44:07 UTC 2022

Thank you Marcella. I have reduced the timestep to 0.25 from 0.5 but the
number of convergence steps per SCF run is still too high. To point out
this issue, I attached below two following plots for sgcpMD runs with 0.25
of timestep:
1) The convergence value of the first OT step vs MD step. For example, the
bold value as follows:
***************************
Step     Update method      Time    Convergence         Total energy
 Change

     1 OT DIIS     0.10E-01    4.6     *0.00034360*     -7197.3373211744
-7.20E+03
     [...]
2) Number of steps per SCF run vs MD step.
I do not know why the convergence value of the first OT step suddenly
raises at certain MD steps, even with 0.25 of timestep.
Any suggestion?
Thanks a lot for your support.
Regards

Onofrio