[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17890] Re: DBCSR error during build

Alfio Lazzaro alfio.lazzaro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 07:56:45 UTC 2022

Hello Jerry,
I'm glad that you get CP2K to compile.

For completeness:
1. You always need `--recursive` when using `git clone`, i.e. `git clone -b
support/v2022.2 --recursive https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k.git cp2k`. If you
miss the flag (like in your case), then the solution is to use `git
submodule update --init --recursive`, as you did

2. As stated at
https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/blob/master/INSTALL.md#1-acquire-the-code, you
have to download the cp2k-X.Y.tar.bz2 file. The .zip version is broken (it
misses the submodules, as you found)