[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17884] Re: DBCSR error during build

jerryt...@gmail.com jerrytanoury at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:10:42 UTC 2022

Hi Alfio,
I finally figured it out.  Each time I got the DBCSR error, I got the
message:

/cluster/home/tanoury/CP2K/cp2k-2022.2_Intel/exts/Makefile.inc:2: *** "No
DBCSR submodule available, please run 'git submodule update --init
--recursive'".  Stop.

When compiling cp2k from cp2k-2022.2.zip, running 'git submodule update
--init --recursive' did not work, even though that was the error message.
When compiling cp2k from 'git clone -b support/v2022.2
https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k.git cp2k-2022.2_Intel', running 'git submodule
update --init --recursive' worked.

It seems the error message is the same whether cp2k is compiled from the
unpackaged zip file or from git download.  However, the update ONLY WORKS
for the git download.

Jerry