[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18057] starting a AI MD simulation from minimised structure

jing liang jingliang2015 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 07:33:00 UTC 2022

Hi,

I created a simulation box manually and then started a minimisation process
by using geometry optimisation. My goal is not to get a fully optimised
structure
but to start a MD simulation using the NVE ensemble. My question is if one
needs
a fully optimised structure in order to start MD or if there is a criterion
to say
that the minimised structure is already fine?

I am coming from classic MD simulations where some software suggest to have
the forces converged up to some particular threshold.

Thanks