[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18004] LR-TDDFT for finite atom probe

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 00:29:52 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I have never done excited-state QC calculations, so I'd like your general
input on the basic possibility of getting physically relevant data in our
scenario. I have looked at the article on CP2K's XAS LR-TDDFT and I am not
entirely convinced there's a path forward.

What we have is a finite solid tip in the presence of a strong strong
(order of tens V/nm) electric field, say, along the tip axis, exposed to a
UV pulse. The ultimate goal is to look at "the usual," i.e., maybe electron
density distribution & densities of states at the surface/beneath the
surface, both in the absence of any pulses, as well as dynamic behaviors
upon UV adsorption. In this scenario, I am not convinced that the
core-valence separation would be valid, given the polarization under strong
static E-field. The tip material is, say, silicon or something similar.

Any comments? Thank you!