[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18000] Forces and stress for DCD_aligned_Cell

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthias.krack at psi.ch
Tue Nov 8 14:43:24 UTC 2022

Hi Abhishek

The .cell, .stress, and .frc files provide the instantaneous cell parameters, stress tensors, and atomic forces for the unaligned cell along a trajectory, respectively. You can retrieve from the DCD_ALIGNED_CELL data the scaled coordinates for each trajectory frame and use these to reconstruct with the cell parameters from .cell file the original atomic coordinates of the unaligned cell which will then match your .frc and .stress file data. Try

  1.  r_scaled = h_aligned^(-1)*r_aligned
  2.  r_unaligned = h_unaligned*r_scaled

h_aligned can be constructed from the DCD data a, b, c, alpha, beta, gamma and
h_unaligned can be retrieved from the .cell file.

HTH

Matthias