[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16994] Re: Metadynamics using cp2k with CNs as CV

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Tue May 17 07:54:28 UTC 2022

Dear Meili

This is the value calculated from the definition of COLVAR in the input and
from the coordinates.
Have you check the structure, apparently the defined CN is at the beginning
larger than two, but it quickly goes to zero (in less than 0.5 ps)
and there it remains. You should be able to identify the corresponding
structural change.
Have you monitored the dynamics of the CN?
I cannot judge whether  this is the correct behaviour or whether the CN is
correctly defined.
For sure it is not optimal to run MTD with only one CV. Moreover hills are
spawned every 7.5 fs and the height of the hill is 1.36 eV, which is a lot.
Probably something went wrong in the sampling.

Regards
Marcella