[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16976] Re: Not answering is worst than cursing ; D

Victor Volkov volkovskr at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:43:44 UTC 2022

Dear Mozhdeh
sometimes, it is impossible to answer because
CP2K cannot do everything.
It cannot do quality normal modes (always im. freques regardless how good
you optimize).
it cannot do band structure for systems beyond a primitive cell (GAMMA,
MacDonald, General, shifts etc are all "the same zip").
however,
nobody and nothing can bit CP2K for the outstanding thermodynamics,
dynamics, electronics (sometimes)
and the terrific aspiration!
There is a great archive of examples you can search through for what you
need!
Just take your time, search and try.

I started research in the time when soviet officers programmed nuclear
ballistic in binary.:
I saw that piano hand-work myself... in 80th
Then, I remember assembler, cobol, algol in 90th ... and then the first
GAUSSIAN magic !!!
For decades nobody would give a hint how to program.
Because,
it used to be
"if you learn, than others would fail to survive physically".

After all you may ask the team if you can become a developer of CP2K.

Good weekend, and best wishes

Victor