[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16924] SCF Run Not Converged for CELL_OPT of Cu2O

Faye Guo uriveru at gmail.com
Sun May 8 15:16:12 UTC 2022

Dear All,

I've been trying to perform a CELL_OPT for  Cu2O  but the calculation sadly
cannot converge the SCF cycles.

 I tried all possible OT preconditioners with CG as minimizer by cp2k 6.1
edition which all failed and spin contamination even occurred under
full_all condition.

I also tried the increase of max_scf from 100 to 400 as well as the energy
gap from 1*10-4 to 1*10-2, yet neither of them worked.

So I'm wondering if any else had these issues and found ways to overcome
them? And the input file is attached as follows.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bests

Chelsea