[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16669] Re: Point charges to simulate an electric field?

Бранислав Миловановић dr.branislavm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 00:28:30 UTC 2022

Thanks.
OK, I think I get it now.
So I have set CHARGE keyword to 25, since I want to have 25 fake H atoms
and each to represent smeared charge of +0.28e, and the rest of my system
in neutral.
My KIND section now:

*    &KIND X      ELEMENT H      BASIS_SET NONE      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q1
    CORE_CORRECTION -0.88    &END KIND*

However, when I perform population analysis I find finite population on
these fake atoms:

*Hirshfeld Charges  #Atom  Element  Kind  Ref Charge     Population
           Net charge      1       H      1       0.280          0.046
                    0.234      2       H      1       0.280          0.047
                        0.233      3       H      1       0.280
 0.052                         0.228      4       H      1       0.280
     0.055                         0.225      5       H      1       0.280
         0.046                         0.234      6       H      1
0.280          0.051                         0.229.*
*.*
*.*

How is this possible when they are described with no basis at all?

Best,
BM