[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16656] Re: Point charges to simulate an electric field?

Matt Watkins mattwatkinsuk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:04:08 UTC 2022

There will be the core charge of the original atom as well - so you need
neutralise the atom core (-1 in your case) then add your charge back.
Yes - the charge keyword will alter the number of electrons in the system
so if you want these to be virtual protons not hydrogen atoms then you do
need to remove the electron as well with the charge keyword.
If your overall system is charged then normal issues of charged periodic
systems apply..
Matt