[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16662] different optimized structures between CP2K and VASP

Lucas Lodeiro elunicolomo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:36:48 UTC 2022

Hi,

The geometry optimizer between both programs are differents and could lead
on diferents local stationary points due to differing algorithms to upload
the geometry. Do you try to switting the CP2K optimizer geometry to VASP
and vice versa, then you could compare energies for both geometries at the
same program and check if both geometries are stationary points on both
programs. Do you check your geometries are real local minimums, checking
the hessian? I guess your symmetric geometry is a transition (pivot) state,
VASP geometry, between two non symmetric geometries, and your non symmetric
CP2K geometry is one of them.

Regards - Lucas Lodeiro