[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16659] CP2K related software dev postdoc positions available in the UK

Matt Watkins mattwatkinsuk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 11:07:52 UTC 2022

Hello,
I've posted job ads in the positions section of the website:
https://www.cp2k.org/positions
please have a look if you might be interested - I'll post directly below
here as well.
Timescale, as ever, is tight. Do send emails if you might be interested.
Matt

Subject: Extended deadline - computational scientist positions at STFC (UK)

Senior Computational Scientists – Accelerator Development and Multiscale
Workflows

Science and Technology Facilities Council, United Kingdom

*** DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS EXTENDED TO MONDAY 7 MARCH ***

We have an exciting opportunity for two Senior Computational Scientists to
join the Scientific Computing Department’s team advancing Materials and
Molecular Modelling on High Performance Computing (HPC) platforms. You will
be doing ground breaking work alongside leading researchers at the
cutting-edge of HPC.

The work forms part of the Particles At eXascale on High Performance
Computers (PAX-HPC) grant funded under ExCALIBUR (https://excalibur.ac.uk),
a major UK research programme that aims to deliver the next generation of
high-performance simulation software for the highest-priority fields in UK
research.

The first post, based at STFC’s Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, will focus
on the efficient calculation of interatomic interactions on GPUs in both
local basis set ab initio and classical Molecular Dynamics codes, such as
DL_POLY, CP2K and CRYSTAL.

The second post, based at STFC’s Daresbury Laboratory, will focus on
complex parallel workflows with an emphasis on multiscale QM/MM
simulations, driven by the needs of applications in catalysis and
electrochemistry.

We are looking for people with a PhD (or equivalent experience) in a
physical science or other relevant field, and experience of modern software
engineering and parallel programming on HPC systems.

Please visit the UKRI job board for the full job specifications and to
apply:

· Accelerator development position:

https://www.careersportal.co.uk/UKRI-careers/jobs/senior-computational-scientist-accelerator-development-1806

· Multiscale workflows position:

https://www.careersportal.co.uk/UKRI-careers/jobs/senior-computational-scientist-multiscale-workflows-1807

For informal enquiries about the positions, please contact Dr Ian Bush
(ian.bush at stfc.ac.uk) or Dr Thomas Keal (thomas.keal at stfc.ac.uk).

Closing date for applications: 7 March 2022.

Interviews will be held on Zoom in March 2022.