[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17254] SGCPMD initial equilibration

Dongmin Park pdm.amsg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:46:20 UTC 2022

Dear CP2K users,

I've recently started to look into doing SGCPMD simulations for metal-water
interfaces and came across some related recent posts. I saw that according
to Marcella Ianuzzi, the following was suggested to conduct SGCPMD:
""
-Always start sgcpmd from a well converged wfn obtained along a standard
BOMD run with diagonalisation and smearing
-  Let the first steps run on many scf iterations if needed, i.e., set
MAX_SCF large enough
""

What I don't quite get was the very first part. If I conduct BOMD runs with
diagonalization and smearing, I would be using the ADDED_MOS tag under
DFT/SCF, but using the wfn from these BOMD runs for SGCPMD using USE_GUESS
RESTART won't work with OT.

Am I only supposed to be using the resulting BOMD positions of the run for
the subsequent SGCPMD runs? or am I missing something and doing it wrong?

Any help would be very grateful.
Thank you.

Dongmin.