[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17215] GFN-xTB organosilicon interactions

Anna Hehn hehnanna at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 21:29:52 UTC 2022

Dear Fabian

we did not investigate organosilicon systems in particular, but we found
that for periodic framework materials in general, the default parameters of
GFN1-xTB may in certain cases lead to instabilities. The keyword
CHECK_ATOMIC_CHARGES in the xTB section is actually checking for unphysical
Mulliken charges; if the keyword is set to true, CP2K stops if the
self-consistently obtained Mulliken charges are significantly different
from the expected, physically reasonable value.

Best regards

Anna