[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17219] number of CPUs in BAND calculation

Geng Sun sungengdft at outlook.com
Thu Jun 23 08:46:17 UTC 2022

Dear CP2K users,

I have a question regarding to set up the BAND calculation.

I would like to run a NEB calculation with fixed initial and final structure, and both of them were optimized before interpolating the NEB band. In the end, I have N interpolated structures and 2 optimized structures (in total N+2 structures along the NEB band).

By reading the manual, I realized that I have to set NUMBER_OF_REPLICA as N+2 in the input file,

and if the NPROC_REP is M,  the total CPU number for the band calculation should be (N+2)*M.

However, since the two terminal structures (initial and final structure) had been optimized, will that be a waste of CPU time NUMBER_OF_REPLICA must be N+2 other than N?

I am newbie using CP2K for NEB calculation, please let me know if I misunderstood anything here.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Geng