[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17141] Re: "Fastest" AIMD simulation settings/parameters

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Jun 13 09:13:20 UTC 2022

Hi

you have to provide enough information in order to give an educated answer.
In your case, if you only changed the thermostat and that leads to a 10 fold
slow down of the calculation, you need to investigate the timing output at the
end of the runs.
Is the timing for the thermostat dominating your calculation? This would be
very special and has to be investigated.
Are there side effects, e.g. number of SCF iterations increasing? Also very unusual
and should be investigated.

You can see: no specific question backed with enough information - no good  answers.

regards

Juerg Hutter