[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17113] CPASSERT failed when trying to restart AIMD with periodic efield

Rajorshi Chattopadhyay rajorshichat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:00:56 UTC 2022

Hi,

I face another problem while trying to restart calculations with periodic
electric fields. After running for some steps, I get the following error :

[1654828609.897841] [jwc01n044:28373:0]          ib_md.c:329  UCX  ERROR
ibv_reg_mr(address=0x134e71de0, length=5664, access=0xf) failed: Cannot
allocate memory
[1654828609.897897] [jwc01n044:28373:0]         ucp_mm.c:137  UCX  ERROR
failed to register address 0x134e71de0 mem_type bit 0x1 length 5664 on
md[5]=mlx5_0: Input/output error (md reg_mem_types 0x15)
[1654828609.897902] [jwc01n044:28373:0]    ucp_request.c:280  UCX  ERROR
failed to register user buffer datatype 0x8 address 0x134e71de0 len 5664:
Input/output error

 *   ___
    *
 *  /   \
   *
 * [ABORT]
    *
 *  \___/      MPI error 17 in mpi_waitall @ mp_waitall_1 : See the
MPI_ERROR  *
 *    |                   field in MPI_Status for the error code
    *
 *  O/|
   *
 * /| |
   *
 * / \
 dbcsr_mpiwrap.F:1022 *

But when I restart the calculation again from this point, it runs well for
a few steps and again gives the same error. Also, I have not noticed this
error in simulations which do not involve periodic electric fields. I run
my calculations in JUWELS HPC with CP2K version 7.1. I have attached the
input file for your reference.

Thank you in advance.

​