[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17086] Generating BQB formatted cube files through CP2K

Matthew Graneri mhvg1994 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:55:48 UTC 2022

Hi there,

I'm following the IR spec tutorial in order to generate an IR spectrum of
my system. As far as I am aware, the BQB compression system has been added
to CP2K, but I can't figure out how to generate my electron density into
this compressed style of file.

The tutorial mentions says that, to print the electron densities, you need
to include:
&PRINT
   &E_DENSITY_CUBE
       STRIDE 1 1 1
etc..

In the documentation for the E_DENSITY_BQB, it doesn't list any 'STRIDE'
option (or equivalent), so it doesn't sound like it replaces the
E_DENSITY_CUBE command... Is it possible to generate BQB electron density
files in CP2K? If so, how can this be done?

Also, the tutorial mentions that we are using the Voronoi integration, and
there is a VORONOI block in the DFT/PRINT block, but the tutorial never
mentions it... Is that related, at all?

Thanks!

Matthew~