[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17379] Need help to increase compute speed

Nicholas Winner nwinner at berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 25 23:36:00 UTC 2022

Looks like you can improve your MGRID section. Try a relative cutoff of 50,
which should be sufficient for most calculations. You can even go down to
40 if you need.

Then, set CUTOFF by taking the largest exponent in your basis set and
multiplying it by REL_CUTOFF. In your case it is ~6 for both Cu and C. 6.13
* 50 = 306.5 ~= 310

&MGRID

  CUTOFF 310

  REL_CUTOFF 50