[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17332] Re: Operating system error: Cannot allocate memory Allocation would exceed memory limit

Matt Watkins mattwatkinsuk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:20:38 UTC 2022

Hello,
without full setup we can't completely reproduce your problem.
The slowdown sounds like a memory leak - this is unlikely to come from CP2K
itself as it is pretty well tested for such calculations.
The later message suggests that your MPI setup might be causing the
problem. Do you have different MPI environments on your cluster you could
try or are there FAQs with common problems that might suggest a solution?
You could try just running without MPI using a cp2k.ssmp executable and see
if the memory problem went away.
Without full details probably can't say anything else. I'd suggest talking
to your cluster support and see if they can suggest something.
Matt