[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16499] Re: IR spectm for NaCl under PBC

Victor Volkov volkovskr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 16:14:08 UTC 2022

Dear Fabian:
sorry to bother once more.

Learning from your comments, I optimized the structure (please, see the
attached outut)
under
    MAX_DR    8.0E-06
    RMS_DR    4.0E-06
    MAX_FORCE 1.0E-06
    RMS_FORCE 1.0E-07

This is to run vibrational analysis using the input, as attached.

In DFT, I do instruct to prinnt moments (as you may see),
but
CP2K reports an error- to be unable to read the moments.

I wonder if such unexpected "blindness"
is present because the input contains
   &KPOINTS
   SCHEME  MONKHORST-PACK  8 8 8
   FULL_GRID  .TRUE.
   &END KPOINTS

I include this definition trying to acount the Brullion space structure.
May be this is outside of the scope.

I wish to understand a bit how CP2K vibrational analysis
accounts (or not) dfinitions of
multiple cell, k-points and periodicity.

I be thankful if you comment.
Victor