[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16472] virial from Cp2K

rafal gorniak rafal.gorniak6 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:05:54 UTC 2022

Thank you  Juerg for your answer.

 I’m a beginner at cp2k calculations however if you take closer my input
file (inp.input) where the forces are calculated I’m using a pbc
convention. I thought with the total forces *F*k on particle *k* treated as
the sum of all the forces from the other particles *j* in the system I will
be able to calculate virial because the virial is defined as <w>=sum*k*(*F*
k·*r*k)=sum*k*sumj>k(*F*kj·*r*kj).
My project is generally bias simulations, where external forces will be
calculated from a different program and those forces must be added
(modified) to the forces from cp2k. But the whole simulation must be
applied at Npt ensemble.

Best regards,

Rafal