[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16619] Re: EXTERNAL_POTENTIAL

Matt Watkins mattwatkinsuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:09:16 UTC 2022

I'd need to check the exact details as I've forgotten:
The one inside the DFT section will operate on both electrons and atomic
cores in a DFT calculation - so it pretty much corresponds to adding an
electric field.
The one inside the FORCE_ENV I _think_ will only operate on cores and is
mainly designed for use in the MM code or non-grid based methods.
If you are doing a DFT calc you want the one inside the DFT section, almost
certainly.
Matt