[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16618] Re: Point charges to simulate an electric field?

Matt Watkins mattwatkinsuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:31:49 UTC 2022

Multiple options - most directly:
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-9_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/KIND.html#list_CORE_CORRECTION
lets you change the core charge on a pseudopotential. If you make a fake
hydrogen and adjust charge appropriately you'd get close to what you were
after (won't be a point charge but gaussian smeared charge).

There are other routines that could load an external potential on a grid or
make use of the QM/MM code in some form.
Matt