[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18253] NEB number of replica output xyz geometries vs SCF steps

DMT dobromirak at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 19:39:28 UTC 2022

Hello,

There is something disturbing about the output of CI-NEB: the
project-pos-Replica_nr_X-1.xyz files and the project-X_X.restart files do
not get updated as often as the project-BANDX.out files. I can see many
converged SCF steps (not micro-iterations, the entire steps) and very few
geometries in the replica .xyz files. Once the run made around 10 SCF steps
for each bead until it printed a single update on each of the geometries.
At some point I was worried that after an hour on a 9-atom system I get no
calculated bead geometries, only the originals, once.

Is this normal behavior for CI-NEB ?

I include the input file.

As another question (although I kind of know the answer) - this energy
profile for the replicas does not look very promissing, right ? Instead of
a R_ ^TS P_ curve with a MAX at the TS I get MAX neat the products and MIN
near the reagents ?