[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18251] Re: How to speed HF up

DMT dobromirak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 10:38:01 UTC 2022

Thank you for the suggestions.

Yes, when I try with a PBE GUESS the convergence is a lot faster. It starts
with a lower Energy and improves by all factors much faster with the
micro-iterations.

In my experience so far diagonalization is faster than OT. I usually try
both.

>From my testing Smearing does help with metal systems like graphene, but
for organic molecules it only slows things down.

>From my testing Mixing can help with larger systems, but isn't Mixing only
for periodic conditions and not supposed to be used with gas phase organics
?

Regards,
Dobromir

On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 10:28:30 PM UTC+2 nwi... at berkeley.edu