[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18222] MOF cell opt with KEEP_SYMMETRY FALSE

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Tue Dec 20 11:00:51 UTC 2022

Dear Corrado

the CP2K output (e.g. with PRINT_LEVEL medium) informs you if the system is considered as orthorhombic. Check for the output line:
“CELL| Numerically orthorhombic:”

Best

Matthias

From: cp2k at googlegroups.com <cp2k at googlegroups.com> on behalf of Corrado Bacchiocchi <bacchio at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 20 December 2022 at 11:50
To: cp2k <cp2k at googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CP2K:18222] MOF cell opt with KEEP_SYMMETRY FALSE
Dear Matthias,
thanks a lot for the information and the suggestion.
Interestingly, the CELL_OPT with KEEP_SYMMETRY FALSE does not change the angles that remain perfectly at 90 deg at all steps, so, I am afraid that by applying the constraint KEEP_ANGLES might not going to help in this case, since they are already not changing, but I will try and let you know. It might be a useful information to the community.
Thanks again!
Corrado