[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18170] williams potential

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Sat Dec 10 16:50:48 UTC 2022

CORE_CHARGE and SHELL_CHARGE must sum up to the desired formal charge which is usually +4 or +3 for Ce. Just take one of the UO2 test inputs<https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/blob/master/tests/Fist/regtest-7-1/UO2-4x4x4-shell-forces.inp> for the CP2K/Fist module and fill in the units and values from the force field parameter table in the literature. Both CeO2 and UO2 have the same fluorite structure and you can substitute U by Ce. I would also cross-check the force field parameters with other papers, because such tables contain often typos.

HTH

Matthias