[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17537] Temperature in NVT AIMD rised to extermely high

Jessie wang wangchuyan123 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 02:14:04 UTC 2022

Thank you Lucas.

I've applied  geo-opt before AIMD, temperature still rised a lot. But now I
know the temperature rising is because the initial geometry from your
advice. I'll try to improve initial geo. And it is also a good advice to
add D3 dispersion correction.

I have another question, when we run AIMD, the outer sphere of water
molecules sometimes run too far away from our system, and actually, the box
is in a right size. What should I do to limit the motion of water to make
it not run too far.

Best,

Jessie