[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17532] Temperature in NVT AIMD rised to extermely high

Lucas Lodeiro elunicolomo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 17:48:16 UTC 2022

As a first glance, the problem is probably located on your initial
geometry... Packmol generates *good* solvation spheres, but they are far
away from the minimal energy geometry, and probably the forces on atoms at
the first step are very high. This explains why your kinetic energy rised a
lot, a huge amount of potential energy is changing to kinetic energy. When
I run this type of AIMD, usually relax the structure first with classic MD
with OPLS-AA forcefield, to get a better geometrical guess to start the
AIMD. Otherwise, you can do a geometrical relaxation (a non-tight
relaxation) in ORCA at the same level to get a better geometrical guess.
Also, I would add D3(BJ) dispersion correction to your calculation.

Regards - Lucas