[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17489] CI-NEB out of memory

Hasan Al-Mahayni hasanalmahayni at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 22:07:17 UTC 2022

Hello Matthias,

I would like to first thank you as my NEB is now working. I have two small
questions now that I am running it :)

1) The energies of my first and last image (my inputs) are different in the
NEB simulation than my previous normal GEO_OPT simulations. How do people
usually deal with that? Do they consider only energy differences of the NEB
simulation? Because my thermodynamic energy difference between initial and
final state is 0.18eV while in NEB it is 0.43 eV!

2) One of my NEB simulations ran for 24 hours at 512 cpus and it doesn't
seem to add any iterations to my overall RESULTS file. This does not happen
to my other NEB simulations... So I am wondering how I can figure out if it
is stuck or just taking a long time (which I doubt). For this question I
attach the xyz files, input file and a screenshot of the end of the output
file after 24 hours.

[image: image.png]

I deeply appreciate your help!

Hasan Al-Mahayni